If you’ve spent any time on our site, you already know that “Whois” with DomainTools is much more than just a static Whois entry for a domain. Our Whois results page provides a detailed profile of the domain, including summary information on related IP addresses, name servers, IP geolocation, and web server stats and historical stats on domain ownership, NS, IP and Screenshot changes.
For most of our users, this is the jumping-off point for all kinds of investigations into cybercrime, security threats, online fraud, domains purchase, domain value, marketing opportunities, competition or any number of other activities.
We’ve just made access to this information easier to use, cleaner and faster. We’ve done a major overhaul of the Whois results page—a page that hasn’t had a design/UI update in many years. Not only was our goal to make it cleaner, better, faster, but to make it easier for users to start their investigations and leverage our Reverse, History, Monitors and other premium products. Like with a beautiful old building, at some point you need to renovate the lobby to make it look clean and function better.
Here’s an overview of the changes:
- Major profile information has been cleaned up and organized so that the most valued and used information is on top.
- Rows that contain historical or reverse lookup information such as registrant email, Whois History, and IP address, have action buttons that let you instantly “pivot” on that data point.
- We flattened the tab structure so that key information is visible at a glance. We’ve included expand/collapse controls for the major sections of the table, as well.
- A new “Tools” section is available in the upper right enabling you to jump straight to specific tools, view the domain’s screenshot, buy/backorder the domain, etc.
- We’ve decreased load time.
For details on the changes and how to get the most out of the new features, read the User Guide.
What hasn’t changed:
- We still provide the best coverage of Whois reporting across ccTLDs, new TLDs and gTLDs.
- We still provide Whois history back 12 years.
- We still provide the industry’s best Reverse Whois, Reverse IP, Reverse Name Server and Reverse Mail Server products.
- We still provide the #1 Domain Search, domain name typo and name spinning products.
- We still provide 100% real-time lookups, every time, for paying members. For non-paying members, most lookups are real-time and never older than that day. (The first lookup of every domain per day are real-time and subsequent lookups are never older than that day.)
- The raw Whois record is always provided.
The new Whois results page is a big change from the previous. For long-time users, there might be a bit of a learning curve. So, please, jump in, explore, experiment and get to know it. We believe you will find it much more efficient. If, after you’ve tried it for a few days, you still have suggestions on how to make it better, please send us your feedback at email@example.com.
For casual visitors, many of our more powerful tools, like Reverse Whois, Whois History and Domain Search, are available only to subscribing members. If you’re not already a DomainTools Professional member, sign up for a membership or a Free Trial to find out for yourself how much you can learn with the research products we’ve assembled on top of the world’s largest database of domain and IP information.
Thanks for using DomainTools and happy exploring!